[Basta-users] Simulations and results in Basta analyses

Fernando Colchero colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Fri Apr 6 13:51:11 CEST 2018

Hi Ricardo,

  Sorry for the late reply. It is possible that the lack of convergence is related to the small sample sizes and the short duration of the sampling. You can check the trace plots and see if it’s not converging because it needs to run for more iterations or because the model cannot actually find the parameters. Just type:

   plot(yourOutput)

  which should produce the trace plots for the mortality parameters.

   About your other question, BaSTA does not provide a single numerical value for the mortality (or survival) since it estimates age-specific mortality. I hope this helps clarifying your doubts. Let me know if you need more help.

Best,

   Fernando

Fernando Colchero
Associate Professor
Max-Planck Odense Center on the Biodemography of Aging

Tlf.               +45 65 50 23 24
Email           colchero at imada.sdu.dk <mailto:colchero at imada.sdu.dk>
Web             www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero <http://www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero>
Pers. web    www.colchero.com <http://www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero>
Adr.              Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense, Dk

University of Southern Denmark