[Basta-users] Simulations and results in Basta analyses

Ricardo Figueroa rfh_diablosmana at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:55:27 CEST 2018

Dear Basta users.
I am beginning to explore Basta in order to analyze the survival parameters of a rattlesnake. I have a dataset of 53 individuals surveyed for 8 consecutive months. I’ve made some preliminary analyses and I’ve got two questions:
1) The simulations of the models I’ve made failed to converge. I ran the analyses with 4 simulations as shown in the tutorial, and I wonder if more simulations could lead to convergence. How many simulations would you recommend me to run?
2) I have a little bit of trouble with the interpretation of the results. Basta provides the parameters of the mortality function used in the model, as I understand but, is there a way in which Basta provides the user a specific numerical value of the survival and mortality proportion?

Thanks in advance
Ricardo Figueroa