[Roxygen-devel] Status of R5 support

Peter Danenberg pcd at roxygen.org
Sun Mar 6 02:30:51 CET 2011

> How far along are you in supporting S4?

Roxygen has basic support for setClass, setGeneric, setMethod; which
Manuel Eugster extended in the Rd2 roclet. I was hoping to canvas the
list, actually, to determine what's missing.

According to Peter Haverty, there's at least one bug where:

  It wants to do:

    \S4method{"foo<-"}{bar,character,ANY}(x, i, value)

  when it should do:

    \S4method{"foo"}{bar,character,ANY}(x, i) <- value

> . . . and how much work would be needed to extend that to Reference
> Classes (a significant amount, I'd imagine)?

Good question: recognizing the use of `setRefClass' will be trivial;
the main work would involve parsing the `fields' and `methods'
parameters.

The amount of work is directly proportional to how deeply we want to
inspect the reference classes for automatically documentable
information.