[Roxygen-devel] [roxygen2] roxygenise, setGeneric and .svn directory

Peter Danenberg pcd at roxygen.org
Mon Aug 15 19:57:08 CEST 2011

Quoth Hadley Wickham on Boomtime, the 8th of Bureaucracy:
> > One feature that I miss from roxygen is 'R CMD roxygen'.  It was nice to
> >
> > R CMD roxygen pkgname
> > R CMD check pkgname
> > R CMD build pkgname
>
> I've moved to doing everything in R:
>
> library(devtools)
> document("pkgname")
> check("pkgname")
> build("pkgname")
> release("pkgname") # uploads to cran for you & sends Kurt an email

`R CMD roxygen' was something Hadley and I discussed early on: while
it's feasible to do it in R, it doesn't integrate well with e.g. `M-x
compile'; whereby one has to resort to ad-hoc scripts like `R -e
'library(roxygen2); roxygenize("pkgname")'', etc.

I never did figure out how to portably install R-bin scripts, though,
especially for people without root access; maybe we can special-case
the latter.