[Roxygen-devel] [roxygen2] roxygenise, setGeneric and .svn directory

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Mon Aug 15 17:25:23 CEST 2011

>> I was not roxigenising in place because I had some manually made Rd
>> files in the man directory, and didn't want to overwrite them.
>
> I can second this rationale.

So then you manually copy across the new files into the existing
directory?  Sounds painful!

> The addition of the @rdfile tag in roxygen2 has largely removed my need
> to run roxygen in a different directory, as have improvements like the
> rd2roxygen package

How are you using rd2roxygen?  That seems like something you'd only
need to run once.

> (is this compatible with roxygen2, specifically
> including @rdfile tag reverse parsing from alias directives in Rd
> files?)

It might not be - I've cc'd the maintainer so hopefully he'll be
encouraged to submit a update ;)

> One feature that I miss from roxygen is 'R CMD roxygen'.  It was nice to
>
> R CMD roxygen pkgname
> R CMD check pkgname
> R CMD build pkgname

I've moved to doing everything in R:

library(devtools)
document("pkgname")
check("pkgname")
build("pkgname")
release("pkgname") # uploads to cran for you & sends Kurt an email

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/