[Seqinr-forum] Prediction of replication terminus

Xiaojun Wang yoyostudents5775 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 02:28:41 CET 2020

Hi all,

My purpose is to predict the replication terminus for archaea, Thermococcus
eurythermalis A501 (NZ_CP008887). So I used Oriloc to do the cumulative GC
skew, which showed that the terminus is around at 400kb (lowest value
corresponds to the terminus of replication according to their manual, see
attached fig 1).

However, when I used Ori-Finder2, another software to predict the origin of
replication, it told me the replication origin is  from 425,719 to 426,421
(see attached fig 2), which is very close to the terminus by Oriloc.

It looks like the origin overlaps with the terminus, I don’t think it is
reasonable.

Would you please let me know if my interpretation is correct? Do you have
any suggestions on the prediction of the terminus? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Xiaojun