[Seqinr-forum] Prediction of replication terminus

Jean Lobry jean.lobry at univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Dec 2 12:01:55 CET 2020

Hi Xiaojun,

predictions based on skews can only predict chirochore
boundaries but no which is the origin and the terminus. There
is a general but not universal trend in GC skew that
may help but in your case there is almost no contribution
of the GC skew to the combined skew.

Based on the strong signal at 400 kb and the CDS orientation
bias my guess would be that the origin is there.

Best,

Jean Lobry