[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib on Mac OS X 10.10

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Aug 8 13:27:24 CEST 2016

George, Ben,

Thanks for looking into this and trying things. I asked James for help -- he
is the one with widely-read / refered-to "how to" for RcppArmadillo on OS X,
has such boxen and knows a thing.

The upshot is that it "seems complicated".  In some cases do we need it, and
it some cases do we need. Intervening variable as the OS X version (10.9 and
10.10, do but others don't), whether homebrew was used or and so on.

In short, it may still be best to just do this via ~/.R/Makevars and either
the CXX and CXX1X variables, or probably rather via SHLIB_CXXLDFLAGS and
SHLIB_CXX1XLDFLAGS.

"Bit of a mess" seems apt as a description.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org