[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib on Mac OS X 10.10

George grandtiger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:37:15 CEST 2016

Hi Ben and Dirk,

Thanks a lot for looking into this!

The need for "-stdlib=libstdc++" was suggested by Luigi Ballabio a long
time ago, and you can find it on http://quantlib.org/install/macosx.shtml.
I followed this approach and got it to work with rquantlib on Maverick
before.

However, now I am using El Capitan, and R 3.3.1, and during my research for
solution, I saw somewhere that "-stdlib=libc++" has become the default
since Maverick. This mismatch is why I always failed to install RQuantLib.
I used the following to configure QuantLib before make and install it, and
after that I was able to install RQuantLib and run the demos. It seems that
both Ben's approach and my approach work, but I am incline to stick with
what I got so far as it does not require changing RQuantLib.

./configure --enable-static --with-boost-include=/opt/local/include/ \
            --with-boost-lib=/opt/local/lib/ --prefix=/opt/local/ \
            CXXFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.7" \
            LDFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.7"

Thanks again to both of you!

Regards,
George