[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib fixed-income discussion (Re: 1 Rquantlib-devel moderator request(s) waiting)

Michele Salvadore michele.salvadore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:55:30 CEST 2014

On 9 October 2014 13:26, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 9 October 2014 at 12:12, Michele Salvadore wrote:
> | I submitted a pull request from my fork. Currently I have committed only
> | first minor change (calendar support for bonds). I will incrementally
> commits
> | additional self-contained changes in order to monitor and discuss each
> step
> | separately. Maybe we can figure out a better way to preserve backward
> | compatibility.
>
> That is a good approach. We could also use 'feature' branches for each new
> increment which is even more gradual.
>
> Now it turns out that the suggested change breaks the Travis auto-builder.
> That is something to avoid as we set up continuous integration to catch
> these
> things. The error happens right at the top of R CMD check:
>
>   * checking whether package ‘RQuantLib’ can be installed ... ERROR
>   Installation failed.
>   See
> ‘/home/travis/build/eddelbuettel/rquantlib/RQuantLib.Rcheck/00install.out’
> for details.
>
> But I don;t have access to the log...
>
> I also note that you switched to using auto -- RQuantLib is not (yet?) a
> C++11 project, and it may good to not force that just yet.

I thought C++11 had to be switched on already in order to support for long
long type, see your comment here:
http://lists.r-forge.r-project.org/pipermail/rquantlib-devel/2014-September/000015.html

Sorry about that, will revert to use explicit types.
In regards to the build I apologize, unfortunately I am stuck on a windows
box for this project and I am struggling a bit with the platform. Any
chance you recall how the win-builder get around the issue with the long
long type discussed in the thread above without -std=c++0x?