[Rquantlib-devel] RQuantLib fixed-income discussion (Re: 1 Rquantlib-devel moderator request(s) waiting)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 9 13:26:37 CEST 2014

On 9 October 2014 at 12:12, Michele Salvadore wrote:
| I submitted a pull request from my fork. Currently I have committed only a
| first minor change (calendar support for bonds). I will incrementally commits
| additional self-contained changes in order to monitor and discuss each step
| separately. Maybe we can figure out a better way to preserve backward
| compatibility.

That is a good approach. We could also use 'feature' branches for each new
increment which is even more gradual.

Now it turns out that the suggested change breaks the Travis auto-builder.
That is something to avoid as we set up continuous integration to catch these
things. The error happens right at the top of R CMD check:

  * checking whether package ‘RQuantLib’ can be installed ... ERROR
  Installation failed.
  See ‘/home/travis/build/eddelbuettel/rquantlib/RQuantLib.Rcheck/00install.out’ for details.

But I don;t have access to the log...

I also note that you switched to using auto -- RQuantLib is not (yet?) a
C++11 project, and it may good to not force that just yet.

So the failure may simply be that you request C++11 which is not turned in
src/Makevars so it fails.

Dirk

| On 8 October 2014 15:42, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|

|     On 8 October 2014 at 15:23, Michele Salvadore wrote:
|     | On 8 October 2014 13:52, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:
|     |     On 8 October 2014 at 10:53, Michele Salvadore wrote:
|     |     | I was wondering what you think of these changes. I would like to
|     |     contribute
|     |     | them back to the package, but I am worried about the fact the the
|     need to
|     |     | extend the interface has broken backward compatibility for
|     FixedRateBond.
|     |     I was
|     |
|     |     I generally like backwards compatibility.
|     |

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org