[Rprotobuf-yada] bytes

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Oct 12 22:43:34 CEST 2010

Koert,

Yikes!! -- I just noticed this sitting unattended in a procmail-sorted mail
folder for four days. Ouch. Sorry about that.

On 8 October 2010 at 10:21, eckuipers-web at yahoo.com wrote:
| Hey Dirk and Romain,
| Attached is my patch to rprotobuf revision 392 so that protobuf bytes objects
| are represented by R raws (or lists of raws if it is a repeated field).
| Note that if you assign a raw vector to a repeated bytes field it only adds a
| single element. To add multiple elements you have to assign a list of raws.
| I did some ad hoc testing so far but nothing rigorous yet. Also not sure how
| this impacts the unitTests...

Can you run 'R CMD check RProtoBuf' ?  That would run them too...

And I guess we would need to design a unit test or two or three to test the
new functionality, no?

Thanks for the submission. It looks good so far.

Cheers, Dirk