[Rprotobuf-yada] skeletic implementation of proto messages using external pointers

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 29 12:58:05 CET 2009

On 29 October 2009 at 12:43, Romain Francois wrote:
| $ yum provides protobuf

| protobuf-2.2.0-2.fc11.i586 : Protocol Buffers - Google's data

Nice. Debian hasn't packaged that yet though I filed a bug report.

| Line 378 is the middle line of :
|
|      int GetSize() const;
|      void Free();
|      int SpaceUsedExcludingSelf() const;
|
| I'll keep looking

The Free() will most likely clash with a #define in the R headers. For Rcpp I
switched to 'less aggressive defines'

    // include R headers, but set R_NO_REMAP and access everything via Rf_ prefixes
    #define R_NO_REMAP

so that the R entry points become Rf_error() instead error() etc pp.

Can you try that?