[Rprotobuf-yada] placeholder for lookup mechanism

Romain François francoisromain at free.fr
Thu Oct 29 12:48:55 CET 2009

Hi,

I've added some placeholders (lookup.R, lookup.cpp) for the lookup
mechanism. Follow the white rabbit from the lookup.R file.

The idea is that R asks our package when it looks up for symbols in the
search path, if the desriptor pool [1] knows a message with the given
name, we build a "protobufDescriptor" object in R.

Combined with previous (also placeholder) code, this means we can do
things like this:

new( Person )

given the descriptor pool knows the "Person" message type.

I need to get my hands on DescriptorPool to understand how to implement
the interface (get, exists, objects, assign, remove) and we are good to go.

[1]
http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/reference/cpp/google.protobuf.descriptor.html#DescriptorPool

--
Romain Francois