[Remoterengine-devel] Recent changes

Ian Long ilong at stoatsoftware.com
Tue Sep 15 14:54:57 CEST 2009

I think we should create an "examples" directory somewhere in the
installed package where we would put several examples (such as those in
the wiki) of client code. One of these could be the test suite.

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. It is on my "ToDo"
list. I haven't made any changes to the R package following the change
of name of the port argument to "registryPort" because I assume they are
picked up automatically prior to been handled within the Java side. I
have updated the start description on the Wiki though.
> I'll have a look at testng (does not seem too different from junit as
> far as a quick glance revealed)
It is very similar to JUnit 4 but with some important advantages;
parallel testing, test groups and increasing flexibility. Currently
there is only one simple test within the TestNG but I will be porting
all your JUnit tests across shortly and adding some of my own to it.

I am also working on an Ant task to start the server - this will enable
me to remove the "bin" directory while still enabling the test suite to
start up server(s).

Cheers,
Ian.