[Rcpp-devel] V8 crashes on 32bit windows when built with new Rtools

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 12 22:51:41 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM, JJ Allaire <jj.allaire at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had an issue like this in RcppParallel that was solved by rebuilding
> Rcpp from source using the very latest R-devel and Rtools 3.3. Have
> you tried that?

Yes, that doesn't seem to help.

I have a suspicion now. I have seen this behavior before when linking
libraries on windows that were built with different threading models. Based
on gcc -v, the old rtools (and hence my v8 static libs) use win32
threading, whereas the new rtools has been built with
--enable-threads=posix.