[Rcpp-devel] Admin: add reply-to headers?

Sun Mar 31 20:07:08 CEST 2013

Hi Darren,

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Darren Cook <darren at dcook.org> wrote:

> For this mailing list, hitting the Reply button (in Thunderbird) goes to
> the sender.
>
> In many other lists hitting reply goes to the list.(*) The difference is
> the addition of the Reply-To header.

You'll notice, however, that most (if not all) R-* mailing lists are
actually configured this way, where the default for a "reply" is to just
include the original author. The debate of which behavior is "correct"
doesn't quite rival the debates of some other well-known topics, such as
emacs vs. vi, but there are quite a few diatribes / soliloquies you can
find on the internet if you care to google for them.

My guess is that this list is intentionally configured to act like the rest
of the R-universe mailing lists.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou