[Rcpp-devel] Admin: add reply-to headers?

Darren Cook darren at dcook.org
Sun Mar 31 04:10:19 CEST 2013

For this mailing list, hitting the Reply button (in Thunderbird) goes to
the sender.

In many other lists hitting reply goes to the list.(*) The difference is
the addition of the Reply-To header.

R-forge us using mailman, so there is a simple config option somewhere
to control this. (Some lists prefer direct replies, e.g. to stop flame
wars from escalating, which is why the option exists.)

Darren

*: Thunderbird still gives me the Reply and Reply List buttons, they
just go to the same place; to reply only to the user I hit Reply-All,
then delete the list mail address. Or use old-fashioned copy and paste.
I.e. I have to jump through one more loop to reply off-list.