[Rcpp-devel] Differences between RcppEigen and RcppArmadillo

Davor Cubranic cubranic at stat.ubc.ca
Tue Jun 19 05:47:00 CEST 2012

As I understand it, both Ra and the R 'compiler' package are bytecode
JITs, so roughly like Java '.class' and Emacs '.elc' files. There is no
current method that compiles R into machine code, which is what JIT in
the JVM does, and which is why Java does so well in the language
shootout [1].

Davor

[1] http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/