[Rcpp-devel] Building a Package created with Rcpp/RcppArmadillo on the Mac

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Oct 20 20:22:21 CEST 2011

On 20 October 2011 at 10:13, terrance savitsky wrote:
| Hello again Rcpp Experts,  I would appreciate any insight or guidance you may
| offer on the errors (noted in red, below) when trying to build a package

I don't read html email so color is lost.

Also note that I suspect that you got no reply last time because you

     did not send a reproducible example

which is a minimum.  For everybody else, things work, incluing CRAN and its tests.

|      Here are the error messages:
|

|     /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/
|     x86_64/libRcpp.a: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
|
|     /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/library/Rcpp/lib/
|     x86_64/libRcpp.a: line 1: `!<arch>'

I suggest you examine these files.

And if you need to come back, come back with a minimial, reproducible example
exhibitiing the error in question.

You are getting help for free here, but we cannot read inside your mind or
your computer.

dark to read." -- Groucho Marx