[Phylobase-devl] [R-sig-phylo] Phylobase 0.4 Forge (installing issues in my old G4 powerBook)

Brian O'Meara bcomeara at nescent.org
Thu Mar 12 23:13:58 CET 2009

Thanks, Peter and Roland, for  your emails. Installing from source
with install.packages("phylobase",repos="http://R-Forge.R-
project.org", type='source') worked. I think my problem earlier was
that while I was using "R CMD REMOVE phylobase", I didn't restart R
between attempted installs or unload and then load phylobase, so the
version being used was never updated in memory. Peter, the reason I
suspected a 10.4/10.5 was that my particular error, based on googling
for it, occurs with code compiled on 10.5 without explicitly also
being compiled for 10.4 (i.e., see <http://snipurl.com/crosscompile>).

So, Raul, if you 1) Quit R, 2) Run "R CMD REMOVE phylobase" in
Terminal, 3) type "install.packages("phylobase",repos="http://R-
Forge.R-project.org", type='source')" in R, 4) type "library
(phylobase)", does everything work?

Brian

Brian O'Meara
NESCent