[Phylobase-devl] [R-sig-phylo] Phylobase 0.4 Forge (installing issues in my old G4 powerBook)

Raul Sedano milvago at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:41:40 CET 2009

Thanks Brian,While your 4 steps did work in a Mac OSX 10.5, it did not work
on my old PPC 10.4.11. This is what I got from R (newest version) in my old
mac:

After a long process of installation 10.4.11. systems, this is just the last
part in red

ld: flag: -undefined dynamic_lookup can't be used with
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [phylobase.so] Error 1
chmod: ** Removing
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/library/phylobase'
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/library/phylobase/libs/ppc/*:
No such file or directory
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'phylobase'

The downloaded packages are in
/private/tmp/RtmpcBvRaE/downloaded_packages
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Warning message:
In install.packages("phylobase", repos = "http://R-Forge.R-project.org",  :
  installation of package 'phylobase' had non-zero exit status

However, I was able to follow most of the Brian's four steps to remove
phylobase and then re-install it but source compilation failed. Can you guys
tell what is wrong with compilation? is this a issue just with OSX 10.4.11?

Raul Sedano