[datatable-help] Error in a package that imports data.table

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Thu Mar 7 09:55:25 CET 2013

Victor,

As Steve says you shouldn't need to do that.

If it's just the mask warnings you're trying to suppress have you tried
:

     suppressPackageStartupMessages({
         library(...)
         library(...)
     })

I haven't used lubdridate before. I tried :

> install.packages("lubdridate")
Warning message:
package ‘lubdridate’ is not available (for R version 2.15.3)

Seems odd.   Anyway: is lubridate fast?   As the code comment you
pasted said, it stores Date as numeric (type double) doesn't it, as base
R does? Won't that mean sorting won't be as fast on it?  That's the
reason IDate exists and what the I stands for.

Matthew