[datatable-help] Error in a package that imports data.table

statquant3 statquant at outlook.com
Thu Mar 7 13:49:51 CET 2013

Hello,
I do not think lubridate is fast, It just acts as a syntax sweetener.

Here is the description of the package by its author :
Quote:
Lubridate makes it easier to work with dates and times by
providing functions to identify and parse date-time data,extract and modify
components of a datetime
(years, months,days, hours, minutes, and seconds), perform accurate math on
date-times, handle time zones and Daylight Savings Time.
Lubridate has a consistent, memorable syntax, that makes
working with dates fun instead of frustrating.

As far as I know no package provide a quickest datetime handle, even if
data.table proposes IDate, ITime... that stores integer for fast sorting.
(Problem is for me that it does not support sub-second but we spoke about it
already)

If any package provides a faster implementation for datetimes I'll be glag
to hear about it.