[datatable-help] Error in a package that imports data.table

Thu Mar 7 06:40:11 CET 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Victor Kryukov
<victor.kryukov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Update: it looks the order in NAMESPACE doesn't matter for that particular
> problem. I can confirm that when I change it the order of package loading
> changes, as it's either data.table or lubridate that warns about
> overwritting each other's functions, but the problem exists in either case.
>
> I think my next steps will be to perform a surgery on data.table by removing
> all IDateTime from my local copy - will see if it helps :).

It's your prerogative to do what you like, but I feel like the other
two alternatives I gave are a bit less intense than what you are
proposing, no?

It also has the bonus feature of not requiring a non-standard
data.table install, which is good if you expect anybody else to use
your package.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou