[Boostheaders-devel] Building RStan with BH

Ben Goodrich goodrich.ben at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 05:08:07 CEST 2013

Hi Dirk,

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Ben Goodrich <goodrich.ben at gmail.com>wrote:

> There are a couple of other hurdles, but I think those are on our end.

I spoke a bit too soon. I think yesterday it was falling back to the boost
I have in /usr/include to find the missing pieces. Now that I have
temporarily moved that off the path, I found a few other things RStan uses
that are not present in the latest BH. But after creating the following
symlinks to my system boost, I was able to install RStan and run test
models.

goodrich at CYBERPOWERPC:/opt/site-library/BH/include$ find . -type l -print
./boost/mpl/partition.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/sort_impl.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/partition_op.hpp
./boost/mpl/aux_/single_element_iter.hpp
./boost/mpl/set/set20.hpp
./boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed
./boost/mpl/set/aux_/include_preprocessed.hpp
./boost/mpl/set/set10.hpp
./boost/mpl/set.hpp
./boost/mpl/single_view.hpp
./boost/mpl/sort.hpp
./boost/mpl/inherit_linearly.hpp
./boost/mpl/stable_partition.hpp
./boost/mpl/limits/set.hpp
./boost/mpl/empty_sequence.hpp
./boost/fusion/view/filter_view.hpp
./boost/fusion/include/find_if.hpp
./boost/fusion/include/filter_view.hpp
./boost/detail/is_xxx.hpp
./boost/parameter/parameters.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/default.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/arg_list.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/overloads.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/template_keyword.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/parameter_requirements.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/tagged_argument.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/unwrap_cv_reference.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/set.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/void.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/is_maybe.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/tag.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/yesno.hpp
./boost/parameter/aux_/result_of0.hpp
./boost/parameter/config.hpp
./boost/parameter/binding.hpp
./boost/parameter/keyword.hpp
./boost/accumulators

The accumulators module was the only thing that was completely missing in
BH, but would probably be useful for more than just Stan. If I put the
above into a C++ file and run bcp to find its required headers, most of the
stuff is already in BH. I believe these are the exceptions:

goodrich at CYBERPOWERPC:/tmp/BH/inst/include$ while read -r line; do [ ! -f
"$line" ] && echo "$line"; done < /tmp/BH.log

boost/detail/is_xxx.hpp
boost/fusion/include/filter_view.hpp
boost/fusion/include/find_if.hpp
boost/fusion/view/filter_view.hpp
boost/mpl/aux_/partition_op.hpp
boost/mpl/aux_/single_element_iter.hpp
boost/mpl/aux_/sort_impl.hpp
boost/mpl/empty_sequence.hpp
boost/mpl/inherit_linearly.hpp
boost/mpl/limits/set.hpp
boost/mpl/partition.hpp
boost/mpl/set.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/include_preprocessed.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set10.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set10_c.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set20.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set20_c.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set30.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set30_c.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set40.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set40_c.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set50.hpp
boost/mpl/set/aux_/preprocessed/plain/set50_c.hpp
boost/mpl/set/set10.hpp
boost/mpl/set/set20.hpp
boost/mpl/single_view.hpp
boost/mpl/sort.hpp
boost/mpl/stable_partition.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/arg_list.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/default.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/is_maybe.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/overloads.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/parameter_requirements.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/result_of0.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/set.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/tag.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/tagged_argument.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/template_keyword.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/unwrap_cv_reference.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/void.hpp
boost/parameter/aux_/yesno.hpp
boost/parameter/binding.hpp
boost/parameter/config.hpp
boost/parameter/keyword.hpp
boost/parameter/parameters.hpp

Do you think those could be included in a future version of BH?

Thanks,
Ben