[Boostheaders-devel] Building RStan with BH

Ben Goodrich goodrich.ben at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 06:48:21 CEST 2013

Hi Dirk,

I was able to build and install rstan 2.0.0 using BH 1.51.0-3 instead of
the boost that is embedded in rstan. This might enable us to get rstan onto
CRAN if we split it into two packages.

But after loading the rstan package, I wasn't able to compile an example
Bayesian model with BH. I think this is only due to not having

functional.hpp

in the include/boost directory of the BH package. The functional/
subdirectory is there so omitting functional.hpp may be a bug.

There are a couple of other hurdles, but I think those are on our end.

Thanks,
Ben