[adegenet-forum] IBD distance matrices

Arsalan Emami-Khoyi arsalan at pobox.com
Fri Aug 25 14:54:54 CEST 2017

Dear Thibuat,
Many thanks for your kind email.Looking forward to see you in October.

Regards

Arsalan Emami-Khoyi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Wildlife Genomics
University of Johannesburg_Center for Ecological Genomics and Wildlife
ConservationAuckland Park 2006
South Africa
Email : Arsalane at uj.ac.za
Phone :+27 (0)11 559 3373
Cellphone:+27 79 88 14 628
Website :https://sites.google.com/site/drpeterteske/postdocs

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017, at 01:23 PM, Thibaut Jombart wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> yes, you can provide whatever 'dist' object you want to
> ade4::mantel.randtest. If you start from a symmetric matrix coming
> from another software, you can read it into R and convert it to dist
> using 'as.dist'.>
> Cheers
> Thibaut
>

> --
> Dr Thibaut Jombart
> Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial
> College London> Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
> WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
> sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
> Twitter: @TeebzR
> +44(0)20 7594 3658
>
> On 24 August 2017 at 20:22, Arsalan Emami-Khoyi
> <arsalan at pobox.com> wrote:>> __
>> Dear Thibut and Adegenet team,
>> I would like to thank you for your contributions to the scientific
>> community.>> I am estimating IBD for the same species using  three different data
>> sets : mtDNA,microsatellie, and SNPs.>> For being consistent across the data sets we need to use appropriate
>> distance matrices.>> I am wondering if there is any way to use our in-house distant
>> matrices instead of provided distance measures?>> I will deeply appreciate your suggestions regarding the optimal
>> distant method for each kind of data sets.>> Many thanks in advance and see you in October!
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Arsalan Emami-Khoyi
>> Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Wildlife Genomics
>> University of Johannesburg_Center for Ecological Genomics and
>> Wildlife Conservation>> Auckland Park 2006
>> South Africa
>> Email : Arsalane at uj.ac.za
>> Phone :+27 (0)11 559 3373[1]
>> Cellphone:+27 79 88 14 628