[adegenet-forum] sPCA in populations presenting a strong genetic structure

vanesse labeyrie vanesse.labeyrie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 10:59:15 CET 2014

Hello,

I have some questions concerning sPCA in a particular case:

I'm working on a crop population (sorghum) which is mainly inbreeding. My
population of study presents a very strong genetic structure, with four
main genetic clusters, and STRUCTURE results suggest there are little gene
flows among clusters.

In a farm (same spatial location) I sampled individuals belonging to
different varieties, and they belong to different genetic clusters.

I am wondering whether sPCA is adapted to this kind of situation, or if it
would be better to perform a sPCA among individuals within each main
genetic cluster separately.

Many thanks for your advice.

Vanesse