[adegenet-forum] Use of Lag spca$ls values.

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Sep 7 13:26:41 CEST 2010

Dear Nevil,

The lagged principal component ($ls) is a smoothed version of the principal components ($li), obtained by replacing the score at one site by the mean score of its neighbouring sites. When the pattern is clear, $ls will match perfectly $li. When the pattern is more noisy, $ls will help recognising the underlying pattern. Technically, if 'v' is a principal component of sPCA, and M a matrix of neighbouring weights, then the lagged score v' is computed as:
v' = Mv

Best regards