[Roxygen-devel] Quo Vadis ROxygen?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Fri Feb 1 20:10:28 CET 2013

Hi,

I've been using roxygen2 for a while for documenting my amateurish
enterprises and it has served me well.

I have, however, expanded the arsenal recently into using S4 classes and
this is where documentation using roxygen stops lending the helping hand it
used to and using it becomes an excruciating "how do I have to convince
roxygen to build documentation for my code" ball and chains ...

I have been surfing around for alternatives, couldn't get the (old) s4
branch in github, roxygen3 doesn't seem a smooth ride either - I'm at a
loss.

Where do I go from here? Are there alternatives to roxygen? Is there a
timeline for expanding toxygen(2)'s functionality into S$ space in a non-
beta(alpha) manner? Where can novices pitch in? What is to grow into a
future proof version (crystal ball, where art thou?) - roxygen3?

I'd appreciate any input.

Sincerely, Joh