[Roxygen-devel] Roxygen & S4

Mon Feb 20 19:52:38 CET 2012

Thanks for taking the time to work on this, Hadley.

Is there an update "gold reference" for how we'd document S4 classes
(setClass) and method definitions? (setGeneric vs. setMethod)?

Are the hints found here still the right way to go, more or less?:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4396768/how-to-properly-document-s4-and-methods-using-roxygen

-steve

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Hadley Wickham <hadley at rice.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a minimal set of changes to roxygen2 to get it
> working with S4 classes. I have code that works but it needs broader
> testing, so if you're using roxygen with S4 I'd really appreciate your
> feedback. You can see the code at
> https://github.com/klutometis/roxygen/tree/s4, or if you want to try
> it out the easiest way is with the devtools package:
>
> # install.packages("devtools")
> library(devtools)
> install_github("roxygen", "klutometis", "s4")
>
> If you run into problems, please either respond to this email, or file
> a bug on github: http://github.com/klutometis/roxygen/issues. Any work
> you can do to reduce the problem to a simple example is really
> appreciated - that makes it easier for me to create an automated test
> case to ensure the bug doesn't recur.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hadley
>
> --
> Assistant Professor / Dobelman Family Junior Chair
> Department of Statistics / Rice University
> http://had.co.nz/

Steve Lianoglou