[Roxygen-devel] Basic question

Marc Girondot marc.girondot at u-psud.fr
Thu Apr 5 16:27:27 CEST 2012

Hi "the list"

I just discover roxygen and play with it since two days.
I have been able to make my first package and it is so easy that I would
like to use it really for a project.
However, I have a problem with the production of the DESCRIPTION file.
Let two files: first HelloWorld.R

#### HelloWorld.R ####
#' showHello est une fonction R permettant d'afficher le message
#' "Hello World!" sur la console.
#' @title la fonction showHello()
#' export

showHello <-function(){
     cat("Hello World!\n")
}

and

HelloWorld-package.R

#' @title The package
#' @author Marc Girondot \email{marc.girondot@@u-psud.fr}
#' @docType package
#' @name HelloWorld-package
#' @description A package
NULL

To create the package, I use:

setwd("[the path]")
package.skeleton("HelloWorld",code_files=c("HelloWorld.R",
"HelloWorld-package.R"))
library("roxygen2")
roxygenize("HelloWorld",copy.package=FALSE)
system("R CMD build '[the path]/HelloWorld'")

It works but the description file does no use the HelloWorld-package.R
information contrary to what I expected:
Package: HelloWorld
Type: Package
Title: What the package does (short line)
Version: 1.0