[Roxygen-devel] [roxygen2] More explicit error messages?

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at cbio.uct.ac.za
Wed Sep 21 17:45:10 CEST 2011

On your comment to the issue you say it should be straightforward to
implement this feature.
Could you point the files, functions or mechanisms to look at?
Maybe I could get this working locally without knowing too much of
roxygen2's arcanes?

Thank you.

On 21/09/2011 17:20, Hadley Wickham wrote:
>> I know it is my third post today... I would really like to migrate my
>> package (at least partially) to roxygen2 documentations, but I keep getting
>> into troubles (...).
>> I now get the following error message:
>>
>> Error in roclet_rd_one(partitum, base_path) : Missing name
>>
>> It seems that any roxygen block could throw this error, and it is very hard
>> to track down the issue in big projects.
>> It would be nice to provide the user with at least some more details on
>> which block was being parsed when the error occurred. Give the filename and
>> line number would obviously be even better.
> Yes, agreed.
>
>> Hadley, I saw your Feature-Issue on the subject
>> (https://github.com/klutometis/roxygen/issues/13).
>> Does the development version implement this feature already?
> No, not yet.
>
> Hadley

###

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###