[Roxygen-devel] Status of R5 support

Peter Danenberg pcd at roxygen.org
Thu Mar 17 12:54:00 CET 2011

Quoth Rob Tirrell on Sweetmorn, the 3rd of Discord:
> As a quick followup: I've been working on an database abstraction
> package (https://github.com/rtirrell/databasr) that makes extensive
> use of reference classes.

Thanks, Rob; I now have a better intuition of how refclasses might
work.

Using JoinClause as an example, you'd like Roxygen to descend into the
class definition; documenting e.g. the individual methods?

  #' Represents a JOIN clause.
  JoinClause <- setRefClass('JoinClause',

          [...]

          methods = list(

                  [...]

                  #' Add children to this JOIN clause.
                  #'
                  #' This sets the type based on the last element we add.
                  #' @param ... arguments to add as children.
                  #' @return \code{.self}
                  add_children = function(...) {

                    [...]

                  }

                  [...]))

Also, one of your last commit-messages was "damn roxygen;" do you
remember what the specific frustration was?