[Roxygen-devel] What's missing in S4?

Peter Danenberg pcd at roxygen.org
Sun Mar 6 11:05:19 CET 2011

We're trying to shore up S4 support, and I was wondering whether
anyone noticed any discrepancies; as I mentioned in an email to Brian
Peterson, Peter Haverty noticed at least one bug:

  Also, @exportMethod doesn't know how to do usage statement for S4
  replacement functions.

  It wants to do

    \S4method{"foo<-"}{bar,character,ANY}(x, i, value)

  when it should do

    \S4method{"foo"}{bar,character,ANY}(x, i) <- value

  (At least that's how a post by one of those famous R guys said the
  usage should look).  R CMD check barfs on the way Roxygen does it.

Is there anything on your TODO list, Manuel, besides general
architectural things (e.g. better integration)?