[Roxygen-devel] [roxygen2] roxygenise, setGeneric and .svn directory

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at cbio.uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 12 17:07:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am using (I would like to use) roxygen2 to document a package from
scratch.

- If I run twice in a row roxygenise, I get error(s) about undefined
definition for S4 generic functions.
I guess it is an issue of where the generic are looked for.
I always define generic as follows:

if ( !isGeneric("myfun") ) setGeneric('myfun', function(x, annotation,
...) standardGeneric('myfun'))

as I thought this was the portable way of defining generics. If I remove
the test for the existence of the generic there are no more errors. Is
this test actually not required or even not recommend?

- I get lots of warnings linked to permission issues in the .svn
subdirectories that are copied with the package root directory, e.g.:

In file.create(to[okay]) :
   cannot create file '../testroxy/.svn/text-base/NAMESPACE.svn-base',
reason 'Permission denied'

I like the fact the .svn directory are actually copied, as it allows me
to check for modifications made by roxygenise on the Rd, NAMESPACE or
DESCRIPTION files. Any way to avoid these warnings?

Thank you.

Renaud

--
Renaud Gaujoux
Computational Biology - University of Cape Town

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.

###