[Rcppoctave-user] Cannot load RcppOctave.so onto Mac OS

Yitping Kok yitping at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Nov 22 15:36:27 CET 2013

Hi Renaud and all,

Thanks for the suggestions. Here are some two more logs for sharing.

(1) From the R GUI, I have to load the shared library manually first before calling library(‘RcppOctave’). See log below.

> library.dynam('RcppOctave', 'RcppOctave', lib.loc=.libPaths(), verbose=TRUE)
now dyn.load("/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.0/Resources/library/RcppOctave/libs/RcppOctave.so") ...
> library('RcppOctave')
RcppOctave [0.13.3] - Octave 3.6.4-api-v48+ (x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0)
Octave path: /opt/local/bin
> .CallOctave('version')
[1] "3.6.4"
> .CallOctave('sqrt', 10)
[1] 3.162278

(2) Checking the RcppOctave package from the command line failed at the ‘examples’ level. See log below.

[yitping at dooku src]$ R CMD check --as-cran RcppOctave_0.13.3.tar.gz
* using log directory ‘/Users/yitping/Toolbox/R/src/RcppOctave.Rcheck’
* using R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
* using platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* checking for file ‘RcppOctave/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package ‘RcppOctave’ version ‘0.13.3’
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... OK
Maintainer: ‘Renaud Gaujoux <renaud at tx.technion.ac.il>’
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking whether package ‘RcppOctave’ can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd metadata ... OK
* checking Rd line widths ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking Rd contents ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
* checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ... OK
* checking line endings in Makefiles ... OK
* checking compilation flags in Makevars ... OK
* checking for portable use of $(BLAS_LIBS) and $(LAPACK_LIBS) ... OK
* checking compiled code ... OK
* checking sizes of PDF files under ‘inst/doc’ ... OK
* checking installed files from ‘inst/doc’ ... OK
* checking files in ‘vignettes’ ... OK
* checking examples ... ERROR
Running examples in ‘RcppOctave-Ex.R’ failed
The error most likely occurred in:

> base::assign(".ptime", proc.time(), pos = "CheckExEnv")
> ### Name: o_ls
> ### Title: Listing Objects from the Current Octave Session
> ### Aliases: o_ls
>
> ### ** Examples
>
> ## Don't show:
>  o_clear(all=TRUE)
> ## End Don't show
>
> # only variables
> o_assign(list(a=1, b=2, c=5))
> o_ls()
Error in .CallOctave("exist", NAME, ...) :
  RcppOctave - error in Octave function `exist`:
  error: caught execution error in library function
Calls: o_ls -> sapply -> lapply -> FUN -> .CallOctave -> .Call
Execution halted

Thanks very much.

Yitping