[RQt-devel] qtbase mac issues resolved

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Tue Mar 23 15:08:38 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:58 AM, hadley wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Now I'm having second thoughts about this - I think we need a package
> >> (maybe not qtpaint) that can be used with the usual R syntax.  You
> >> might not be able to access all the advanced features, but you should
> >> be able to do the basics.  This probably involves only writing a few
> >> more wrappers.
> >
> > Wouldn't the high-level abstraction play this role?
>
> For statistical graphics, sure.  But qtpaint will be useful to other
> people who want to draw animations etc.  It seems like it's so close
> to being a typical R api that we only need a few functions to complete
> it.  This would also server as a convenient point for human written
> documentation that describes things in a bit more detail, without
> having to refer to the Qt documentation.

Ok, I understand the benefits for documentation and consistency.

I propose these functions:

qaddItem: layer$addLayer
qdeviceTransform: layer$deviceTransform(event)
q(row,col)Stretch[<-]: layer$layout()$(row,col)[Set]Stretch()
q(h,v)Spacing<-: layer$layout()$setHorizontal(Vertical)Spacing()
qbackgroundBrush<-: scene$backgroundBrush <- brush
qgraphicsScene: Qt$QGraphicsScene()
qclearSelection: layer$clearSelection()
qzValue<-: layer$setZValue()
qprimitives: layer$primitives()