[RQt-devel] qtbase mac issues resolved

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:58:52 CET 2010

>> Now I'm having second thoughts about this - I think we need a package
>> (maybe not qtpaint) that can be used with the usual R syntax.  You
>> might not be able to access all the advanced features, but you should
>> be able to do the basics.  This probably involves only writing a few
>> more wrappers.
>
> Wouldn't the high-level abstraction play this role?

For statistical graphics, sure.  But qtpaint will be useful to other
people who want to draw animations etc.  It seems like it's so close
to being a typical R api that we only need a few functions to complete
it.  This would also server as a convenient point for human written
documentation that describes things in a bit more detail, without
having to refer to the Qt documentation.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/