[FLR-list] bug FLMetier

Clara Ulrich clu at aqua.dtu.dk
Wed May 22 16:53:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

Sitting with JanJaap at MIXFISH we found a bug that did not appear previously, but came out of re-installing FLR packages today (R2.15.3, FLCore 2.5.0)

It seems that unlike FLFleet and FLCatch, the creator of FLMetier use "age" as the default quant instead of letting it to "quant".

The issue that this has created for us is that e.g. whenever we tried to give some non-dimensional value to effshare, we got an error message

Ex :
> xx
An object of class "FLQuant"
, , unit = unique, season = all, area = unique

     year
quant 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
  all 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1    1

units:  NA

> effshare(oth.metiers) <- xx
Error in validityMethod(as(object, superClass)) :
  Not all 'quant' names are the same. Check using qapply(x, quant)

NB the error doesn't occur when calling the slot directly:
oth.metiers at effshare <- xx

There is no logical reason for FLMetier slots to be in age, this should be reverted to default value is quant?

Cheers
Clara