[FLR-list] size

Laurie Kell lauriekell at googlemail.com
Wed May 22 14:23:01 CEST 2013

There is an issue, boring but may be important to agree on now, i.e.
labeling of length bins.

What does a length bin mean, i.e. if the "quant" dim represents length? and
the values are 5, 10, ...?

In the mixdist package these are the righthand boundaries i.e. they
represent (0,5] and (5,10]. But if they are the lefthand boundaries then
they represent (5,10] and (10,INF]. Or they could be midpoints. One option
would be to explicitly label the bins with the boundaries and then have
methods for going backwards and forwards between parametric and
non-parametric methods. Or to have an attribute that tracks the properties.

Otherwise I can see a lot of time being wasted in stock assessments. well
more than normal.
Laurie