[Traminer-users] Plot of Representative Sequences

Alexis Gabadinho alexis.gabadinho at unige.ch
Fri Nov 15 11:04:45 CET 2013

Dear Jeremry,

The plot is created by using the seqrep function with all three
criteria, then retrieving the index of the representatives and using
them to select the sequences to plot in the whole set with the tlim
argument.

Here is a code example, where
- "seq.object" is the sequence object,
- "dist" is  the pairwise distance matrix
- "max.dist" is the maximum theoretical distance between two sequences
(it is provided because it is not sure wether the maximum observed
distance equal the theoretical maximum)

## Sequences representatives
medoid <- seqrep(seq.object, criterion="dist", nrep=1, dist.matrix=dist,
dmax=max.dist)
freq <- seqrep(seq.object, criterion="freq", nrep=1, dist.matrix=dist,
dmax=max.dist)
density <- seqrep(seq.object, criterion="density", nrep=1,
dist.matrix=dist, dmax=max.dist)

rep.idx <- c(attr(freq,"Index")[1], attr(density,"Index")[1],
     attr(medoid,"Index")[1])
seqiplot(seq.object, tlim=rep.idx, withlegend=FALSE, title="Title",
border=NA)

Best regards,
Alexis