[Traminer-users] z-Values for transition probabilities?

Bertolt Meyer bmeyer at sozpsy.uzh.ch
Wed Sep 12 13:55:41 CEST 2012

Dear fellow TraMineR users,

I am looking for a way to compute the statistical significance for transition probabilities between two states as derived by the seqtrate() function. Bakeman and Gottman (1997, p. 108ff) provide guidance and formulas for doing this wth z-values based on an expected transition probabilities that are based on the base-frequencies of the states. I just wanted to check if someone has already implemented this before I start writing my own code for doing that?

Best greetings,
Bertolt

Bakeman, R., & Gottman, J. M. (1997). Observing interaction: An introduction to sequential analysis (2nd ed.). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.

--
Dr. Bertolt Meyer
Senior research and teaching associate

b.meyer at psychologie.uzh.ch