[Traminer-users] few long sequences + 5 interspersed states

Alejandro Garcia aleplgr at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 16:39:14 CEST 2012

Hi! I'm a begginer to TraMineR and clustering sequences facing a particular problem:
Some of the trajectories are quite long (up to 600), each trajectory length is different ranging form quite short ones as can be seen in the image, states are recurrent and interspersed because each individual is constantly changing form one state to another.
I have 5 states (yellow, green, red, light grey, dark grey) as can be seen in the image, but being so interspersed is TraMineR suitable for this kind of sequences?

Thanks