[Traminer-users] association rules from event sequences

Hugo Varet varethugo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:02:26 CET 2012

Dear all,

I have a new question about the analysis of event sequences. I would like
extracting association rules from my data as Nicolas Müller did in his
paper entitled "Extraction de règles d’association séquentielle à l’aide de
modèles semi-paramétriques à risques proportionnels". His way of presenting
the results (hazard ratio with p-value from a Cox model) is very
interesting and understandable for a large public. I succeeded in
extracting association rules with the following R code :
freq=seqefsub(data.seqe, pMinSupport = 0.05)
rules <- TraMineR:::seqerules(freq)
rules[order(rules$Lift, decreasing = TRUE)[1:10],]
but I do not know how to get HR and p-values (maybe I do not use the good
fonction). Nicolas Müller wrote in his paper that his algorithm would be
implemented in the TraMineR package. Maybe the fonction I am looking for is
not available yet ?

Best regards,

Hugo