[Traminer-users] selecting indiviudals after or before seqdef

Alexis Gabadinho Alexis.Gabadinho at unige.ch
Fri Jan 13 14:27:55 CET 2012

Dear Hadrien,

You can select rows of sequence object using subscripts. The following
example first creates a sequence object for the whole mvad data set and
then creates separate sequence objects for males and females using the
"male" variable in the mvad data frame.

library(TraMineR)
data(mvad)
mvad.seq <- seqdef(mvad, 17:86)

mvad.male.seq <- mvad.seq[mvad$male=="yes",]
summary(mvad.male.seq)

mvad.female.seq <- mvad.seq[mvad$male=="no",]
summary(mvad.female.seq)

By the way: It appears that you are not registered as a traminer-users
list member. It is much easier for us if you register before sending
questions to the mailing list. Otherwise we have to manually accept your
request.

Best regards,
Alexis