[tlocoh-info] Error trying to add shapefiles or rasters to animation

Nathan Furey n.b.furey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 23:33:50 CET 2015

Hi Tlocoh!

I am really enjoying the package. I am able to create an animation of my
data (fine-scale movements of bull trout in a lake-river outlet), but I run
into problems as soon as I try to add shapefiles. I have created a csv file
(attached), and when I simply plot my object ("t11.lxy") using the layers
list (as noted as "option 2" on page 43), but whenever I try to use the csv
file I get the following error:

> lxy.exp.mov(t11.lxy, screen.test=TRUE, max.frames=1,
shp.csv="gis_tlocoh_shapes.csv",
+ layers="water", crop.layers.to.extent=T,
+ title.show=FALSE)
Error in split.default(x = seq_len(nrow(x)), f = f, drop = drop, ...) :
  group length is 0 but data length > 0

I also do not have any luck adding a raster to the background, as shown
below:

Error in plot.new() : figure margins too large
In addition: Warning message:
In matrix(col[as.vector(m) * (length(col) - 1) + 1], nrow(m), ncol(m)) :
  data length [740314] is not a sub-multiple or multiple of the number of
rows [1568]

Any guidance would be great!

Nathan Furey, PhD Candidate
Pacific Salmon Ecology and Conservation Laboratory
Department of Forest and Conservation Sciences
University of British Columbia
http://nbfurey.wix.com/nathanbfurey