[Sorvi-admin] Digital advocacy project

Leo Lahti leo.lahti at iki.fi
Sat Jun 30 12:07:01 CEST 2012

Tämmösen aattelin pistää.

Dear Engine Room admins (post at theengineroom.org),

I recently learned about your project aimed to map initiatives for digital
advocacy. At https://www.theengineroom.org/services/#support you ask to
provide information on related, complementary projects.

In the Finnish Louhos project (http://louhos.github.com/en), we are working
to collect comprehensive software libraries to analyze society and
decision-making processes based on publicly available data resources. Our
project aims to combine latest advances in data analysis to up-to-date data
resources and to provide freely available analytical research tools for
academics, NGOs, journalists, citizens, and other target groups. I felt
that this project is within the scope of your initiative, therefore wanted
to follow your request and send a note. We will be happy to provide further
information of the project, if you wish.

kind regards
Leo Lahti, D.Sc.
Louhos, Finland

Services for Support Organizations

Organizations and initiatives dedicated to supporting digital advocacy
increasingly work with citizens in wildly varying contexts, making it more
difficult to maximize reach and impact in the context of a rapidly changing
media environment. The engine room provides empirical frameworks and
engagement processes to address these challenges.

This may include:

   Research on capacity gaps in target stakeholder groups;
   Identification of stakeholders, trainees and counterparts;
   Development and implementation of tailored frameworks for monitoring and
evaluation;
   Data-based analysis to develop strategies for follow-up programming and
lasting impact