[Sorvi-admin] Hackdays

Leo Lahti leo.lahti at iki.fi
Thu Jul 26 15:57:33 CEST 2012

> We were provided the opportunity to reserve 20 person hackspace for the
> whole Tuesday, or for a couple hours. So we should have extra space if
> needed (and if we can request this soon). We would like to keep the event
> light-weight and expecting 5-10 participants. The best option would
> definitely be to join forces.
>
> OK, well in that case we should be fine with the MAKE and HACK space we
> already have if you want to free up the second hackspace as we're expecting
> max 50 for the other streams.

Ok, I will inform them the we do not need this extra space.

Joining in and helping with advertising would be just fine! However, if you
> could join in a call or two just so we can confirm a rough timetable for
> the day and how we want things to work e.g. are ideas submitted in advance,
> when/if to have lightning talks, how to bring in remote participants, main
> mode of communication (irc, etherpads, other) that would be fantastic. OKFN
> people can sort the logistics/equipment/infrastructure etc etc but it would
> be good to get your feedback and experience and ensure everyone is up to
> date with how things will run on the day.

Let me know when you've discussed with the others if you want to fix this
> and we'll try and pin down a time for a quick chat in August soon.

Great - let's fix this. I would love to join skype planning meeting. I will
be available from August 6 onwards, and I can ask if the other people from
the Louhos team would like to join, too.

Thanks!

Leo